Sunday, August 11, 2013

8/9/2013

OI FAMILIA! Tudo Bem? Eu estou muito bom aqui!
So before I talk about stuff, onto the 20 questions!! (mom gave a list of 20 questions earlier this week for him to answer)
1. Things are going amazingly with my companion. Elder Bernard is amazing. I don't think he has a single mean bone in his body. And he has an incredible amount of faith, and love for everyone around him. I love him so much. He's been so supportive with me through all of my many trials and I am so grateful for him.
2. The best thing about him I think is probably the fact that Elder Bernard is always positive. He is always smiling and always has a good attitude no matter how hard things get. I love it!\
3. The other elders that stay in my room are awesome! They are all so cool and very different. I love learning and just doing anything with them. It's super fun.
4. I get up at 6:30 in the morning. Sometimes it's really hard to get up that early. REALLY HARD. But it's the mission life right?
5. What time I exercise at depends on the day. Monday and Wednesday its at like 3:20ish, Tuesday its at about 10 in the morning. Thursday and Saturday it's at about 6:30ish in the evening. And I don't exercise on sunday and usually P-day. Sometimes I'll just run a bit on P-day but its kinda random.
6. I eat at breakfast at 7:15, lunch at noon, and dinner at 5. Except for sundays. On sundays we eat at 8, 12:45, and 5:30 I think.
7. My favorite thing to eat is hard to answer. I like the fruit sometimes! The chocolate chip cookies are really good here too. Although I think pizza fridays might be my favorite :). My least favorite....hmm. Probably some gravy I had one of my first days here. I had kiwi for the first time today!
8. Hmm.. best time of the day. That's hard. Some days it depends. Usually my favorite time of the day is gym time. But sometimes it's class time. It just depends on how the day is going!
9. I have two seperate class blocks of 3 hours each. Each have their own teacher. I have Brother Beck in the morning, and Brother Mummey in the evening usually. Both do similar things though. They both teach language, how to teach, doctrine, and other stuff.
10. I don't have a favorite teacher actually. I like em both for different reasons. If I had to choose, I would probably choose Brother Mummey, I like his teaching style better. It's easier to understand and his portuguese is easier to understand.
11. Yes I can buy stuff here. We have an MTC Bookstore. It's got all kinds of stuff from books, writing supplies, laundry supplies, toiletries, clothes.
12. Umm... I'm not thinking of a whole lot of things I need. I'm fine on towels, sheets and stuff. Although if you do send another care package, some goldfish and maybe a rubik's cube would be nice :D I can't really think of anything right now that I need.
13. Hmm... funniest word in portuguese...I'm not totally sure to be honest. My companion and I like to shout at each other "E acontaceu que!!!" a lot. It means "and it came to pass" we just find it hilarious for some reason. But as for a funny word I'm not really sure sorry! And the hardest word? Umm probably half of the words in the Book of Mormon! They are so hard to pronounce and read!
14. I don't have to speak outside my classes in Portuguese but it is HIGHLY recommended. Basically required if you actually want to learn the language decently. So I try to speak as much as I can!
15. Best experience I've had....oh boy that's hard to choose. I've had a really good lesson or two that we taught in Portuguese the last week or two. Anyone one of the devotionals given are amazing too. It's so hard to pick a "best experience"!
16. Uhh embarassing experiences? Not that I can really think of. I do dumb things all the time but luckily everyone is pretty nice so its not too bad. One experience I did have though was when I was doing a closing prayer with an investigator, and I meant to say "Obrigado por....", which means "thank you for..." but i said "por favor por....." which means "please for". Yeah it was awkward. So I kept saying "please for our blessings, and please for our opportunity to teach, yada yada yada. It was embarrassing and I didn't realize it until after the lesson too!
17. My favorite person? Either Bryce or my companion probably! I love everyone here so its hard to choose 
18. If my visa doesn't come I have no clue where I would want to go. Somewhere different than Moses though! Maybe California? I think I'd like California :D
19. Nope not getting tired of questions :)
20. YES!!!! I do know how much you love me and I love you too so much!!

Sunday was awesome. We had an amazing fast and testimony meeting and I actually bore my testimony!! I cried during it too! It was amazing. Then Sunday devotional is always awesome. I need to start bringing notes on my week so I can tell you what happens in the week! It always goes by so fast and in a blur that I never remember it. I'll do that this next week so I can give a better email next friday :) OH. Sunday night we watched a talk by David A Bednar called "Character of Christ". It is amazing. Watch it. Then the rest of the week just kinda flew by We taught a couple lessons this week. It's goin good :D
I have an amazing support group between the Lord, my companion, my district, and Bryce. I know you worry about me. I appreciate all the support and love you give me. I feel like I never say enough in these emails so I'm sorry. I love you all so much. I don't have time to send Tanner a seperate email so can you tell him that I love him and I'm so grateful for his support. I'm so sorry I can't send him his own email :( but I'm out of time in a minute or two.

I love you all so much. Thank you for your support! If you have any questions that I didn't answer just ask em again and I'll answer next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment